Topic: Best Before

Does anyone know if Best Before will be re-released?

Thumbs up

Re: Best Before

I think not [http://blog.southern.com/2010/08/crass-catalogue/], though I don't see remasters of the singles refered to anywhere else. Would love to here a remaster of Bloody Revolutions.

Thumbs up

Alison wrote on the thread titled "Remastered Crass?"..........

"Thanks to everyone.  I really, really do appreciate the feedback - especially when it's so positive!

Mark - yes we'd like to do Best Before as well... though it won't be one of the six making up the Crass symbol - we have something special planned for the cover!  Heh heh.

I just did a blog post about the whole catalogue - check it out follow the link at the top of the page.

Cheers"

god made man but used a monkey to do it.

Thumbs up

Hello.  Yes Best Before will become part of the Crassical Collection, and will include a few things which were missing from the previous CD issue.   And the lyrics book Love Songs will also become part of the collection at some point, in a slightly different configuration.  smile

It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one.  Bill Hicks

Great news.
Any clues on what the 'missing things' will be?
Hopefully the Whodunnit? & Merry Crassmas singles, Powerless With A Guitar, It's You and the 3 tracks from the Honey Bane EP.
Cheers, Neil

Also will Christ's Reality Asylum & Acts Of Love be released on CD and Christ The Movie & Semi Detatched on DVD as part of the Crassical Collection?

Thumbs up

Neil I know Whodunnit and Merry Crassmas are on there for sure, I'm nearly positive that It's You is as well.  Not sure about Powerless With A Guitar, I'll check - Penny's still working on it you see.  Also I don't think the Donna & The Kebabs (Honey Bane) stuff really belongs on there because it's not "Crass", but I'd like to see that reissued along with all the other singles (when we do A Side and B Sides again or whatever).

As for Christ's Reality Asylum (aka The Apples Of Spring) and Acts Of Love, and the videos - all of that will be reissued on the relaunched Exitstencil Press next year.  They are the pre-Crass and post-Crass projects.

Nice.

It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one.  Bill Hicks

Thanks for the quick reply.
A bit of a shame about the 'Honey Bane' EP but I'm really hoping that 'Powerless With A Guitar' will be on there as every other Crass track is being released on the Crassical Collection (well, apart from 'Christ The Bootleg' & 'You'll Ruin It For Everyone' live LP's)

Looking forward to the Exitstencil Press stuff next year. smile

Cheers, Neil

Thumbs up